I’ve been getting a lot of calls and messages lately about the coronavirus.
The coronavirus causes respiratory tract illness, with symptoms similar to those of the flu. Coronavirus sufferers typically will experience fever, coughing and shortness of breath.
There is no vaccine or antiviral treatment yet for the coronavirus, but you can take the same steps to protect yourself as you would to protect yourself against colds and the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds—especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of the flu or the coronavirus, please contact your healthcare provider or visit urgent care right away.
For more information, visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.