1199-CCLC Quality Care Committee IX
December 10, 2008
About 500 nursing home residents, family members, community advocates, Union members and managers from nearly 40 League nursing homes joined together December 10, 2008 at the Labor Management Project’s ninth Quality Care Committee (QCC) Conference to share strategies on how to strengthen the delivery of long term care.
The conference theme, “Building Bridges to the Future of Long Term Care,” highlighted the Labor Management Project’s recent Person Centered Care pilot program in which joint labor-management teams from 17 nursing homes incorporated person centered care strategies into their daily care of residents. Surveys from residents and family members indicated they were more satisfied with the quality of care being delivered. And project data revealed that employees involved in the joint project were more satisfied in their work than those who were not.
QCC IX Materials
- Crucial Conversations
- Story Sharing Workbook Health Aging Initiatives & Technology
- Health Aging Initiatives & Technology
- 1199SEIU – CCLC Quality Care Committee – Labor-Management Project
- The Future of Technology in Long Term Care
- Mentoring: A Professional Development and Succession Planning Strategy
- Activity: Mentoring Action Plan
- Activity: Succession Planning
QCC Case Study:
Published Articles Highlighting QCC Facilities