1199-CCLC Quality Care Committee VIII
DECEMBER 13th, 2007
On December 13th, 2007 almost 500 labor-management participants gathered to continue the discussion of person-centered care at the QCC’s eighth conference: “Leading for Tomorrow in Times of Great Change.” Keynote speakers included Mary Jane Koren (V.P. — Commonwealth Fund), Bonnie Kantor (President — Pioneer Network) and Joe Baker (Assistant Deputy Secretary for Health and Human Services). A morning presentation on how organizations can “brand” their message more effectively, followed by a choice of 15 afternoon workshops rounded out the days events. The conference demonstrated the continuing efforts of labor and management working together to change the outlook of long-term care.
Concurrent Afternoon Workshops
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- CARF – Accreditation in Person-Centered Long-Term Care Nursing Home Communities
- What is Person Centered Care Anyway: Your Journey of a Lifetime!
- Fast Track Decision-Making
- Younger Residents Need Person-Centered Care Too!
- “What’s Culture Got to Do With It?”
- New Models of Person Centered Care
- Quality Measures 101: Unraveling the Mystery, Discovering the Relevancy
- A Labor-Management Partnership for Person-Centered Care in Nursing Homes: A Case Study
- Emerging Roles for Community and Neighborhood Coordinators
- Technology’s Future in Long Term Care
- Embracing Differences in the Workplace