2021–2022 Next Generation Registered Nursing Scholarship Program Application Information
Listed below are the application materials. Failure to submit all application materials or to comply with the required deadlines will disqualify your application. To be considered for a 2021–2022 NGRN Scholarship award, you must meet all eligibility requirements.
2021–2022 Deadline Dates
Documents to Be Submitted
|Within 30 days from the Date of the Email Request from the Funds||
|Within 14 days from the date of the email request from the Funds||
|Within 90 days from the date of a review class for the NCLEX licensure exam||
A Member Must:
- Be employed by an institution or facility that contributes to the 1199SEIU National Benefit Fund (NBF) or the 1199SEIU Greater New York (GNY) Child Care Fund.
- Be a Wage Class I or Eligibility Class I member; and
- Have received benefits for one year at a participating institution or facility. Please note that if the member’s eligibility changes after having received the scholarship application materials, the student may no longer be eligible for an award at the time the application is processed.
A Student Applicant Must:
- Be a high school graduate or post-secondary school student and the child of an eligible 1199SEIU member;
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited undergraduate college/university for the 2021–2022 academic year (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters);
- Be younger than 23 years of age as of September 1, 2021. Please note that a student turning 23 during the award year may be eligible for only a partial award;
- Apply for both state and federal aid each academic year; and
- Not have already received the Next Generation Registered Nursing Scholarship for the maximum two (2) years of payment.
- Be in the clinical phase of a full-time, two- or four-year college-based Registered Nursing Program.
Member’s Change of Address
Award checks are mailed to the member’s main address on record. If the member’s address on record requires an update, please be sure to call us at (646) 473-8999.
Important Information about the Next Academic Year
2022–2023 application instructions will be sent by August 1, 2022, if:
- The student is younger than 23 years of age by September 1, 2022; and
- The student meets all eligibility requirements; and
- The member meets all eligibility requirements.
Automatic award renewals are not granted; scholarship recipients must reapply each year for consideration.
According to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules and regulations, the Funds consider the Next Generation Registered Nursing Scholarship benefit to be “taxable wages.” If a member’s child is awarded a scholarship, the value of the scholarship must be included on the member’s tax return when filing the following year.
Submission of the Student Aid Report (SAR) represents a critical component of our application process. To assist you, refer to the How to Obtain a Student Aid Report (SAR) instructions.
Email us at [email protected] or call us at (646) 473-8999. Responding to a duplicate inquiry via email and voicemail lengthens delays. To help us reduce delays, please forward us your inquiry via email or voicemail, not both.
As we continue to monitor COVID-19 developments and follow CDC, New York State and New York City guidelines, the Funds are maintaining essential services for our members. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as there will be delays in processing.