This program provides you with tuition assistance for college credits earned while enrolled in 1199SEIU League Training and Upgrading Fund-approved degree programs at accredited colleges. This benefit is for members pursuing a college degree at the undergraduate (associate’s or bachelor’s) or at the graduate (master’s or doctorate) level.
The voucher option allows you to take up to six credits each semester (a maximum of 24 credits per year) with no out-of-pocket costs. The Training and Upgrading Fund pays the college directly.
Examples of colleges that accept tuition vouchers:
- City University of New York (CUNY) – All colleges
- State University of New York (SUNY) – All four-year colleges and the following two-year colleges:
- Westchester Community College
- Rockland Community College
- Dutchess Community College
- Nassau Community College
- Suffolk County Community College
If you are attending a college that does not honor a tuition assistance voucher, you can apply for tuition assistance reimbursement and some fee reimbursement. Up to six credits are covered per semester, with a maximum of 24 credits per year – except for Greater New York members, who have a maximum of 21 credits per year.
Counseling Hotline: (212)284-9210