If you are new to the Tuition Assistance benefit, please go to Accessing Career Counseling & Tuition Assistance so you can review the first steps. Please plan your counseling visits and workshops while keeping in mind the application deadlines for tuition vouchers and tuition reimbursement. Eligible applicants receive reimbursement checks after successful completion of the semester.
First Semester Documents
- Students requesting reimbursement must have a copy of TUF Pre-Approval Form.
- Tuition Assistance Workshop Certificate (obtained through the Tuition Assistance Workshop or LPN Tuition Assistance Workshop).
- Curriculum of your intended major/program. (Please note – if the course codes have changed for your program, you may need to bring in a new curriculum to verify course codes/titles fulfill degree requirements.) If you can present us with a “Degree Audit,” you do not need to bring in a Transcript of Curriculum.
- All other “Generally Required Documents” below
Generally Required Documents
- Completed General Enrollment Form (Available at all TUF sites)
- Itemized tuition bill (Must include your full name, school name, the semester and classes you are requesting reimbursement for, the number of credits, itemized tuition and fees, and cost per credit/course. Students requesting reimbursement must have a bill indicating the amount paid in full.)
- For voucher applicants, proof of successfully processed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year
- For reimbursement applicants, a Financial Aid Disclosure Form
- An updated invoice from the school indicating financial aid received
- Completed W-4 Form
- Proof of passing the college’s entrance exam
- Updated transcript/degree audit that includes your full name, school name, the degree and major you are pursuing, class codes and descriptions, and grades for completed classes. (Please note – if you can present us with a “Degree Audit,” you do not need to bring in a Transcript of Curriculum.)
Documents may differ depending on the type of assistance requested. Please speak with a General Counselor before visiting a TUF site.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 must be maintained.
- All required coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Pass/Fail courses must be passed.
- For accelerated RN Program Tuition Applicants, a minimum GPA of 2.5 must be maintained.
If you have further questions, please contact our Counseling Hotline at (212) 284-9210 or email us at Training@1199Funds.org.