Eligibility and Benefits for College and Continuing Education
Are you interested in going to college or continuing your education? The Fund offers everything from GED classes to pre-paid college vouchers.
- 1 year seniority before program begins
- Employed in a bargaining unit position
- Full time employee (minimum 3/5 time for pro-rated benefits)
- Check with your TUF Field Coordinator to find out if per diem employees are eligible at your workplace
Effective January 1,2017. Pro-rated for part-time employees. Up to 6 credits per semester, to a maximum of 16 credits per year.
- Tuition assistance for up to 6 credits per semester for enrollment in a job- or healthcare-related program (maximum of 16 credits per year)
- Tuition voucher program available for public colleges so employees don’t pay money up front
- Associate’s Degree: $3,700 per year
- Bachelor’s & Graduate Degrees: $5,250 per year
- $750 annual continuing education/professional development benefits (prorated for part-time employees)
- Continuing Education seminars, free for TUF members and a reduced rate for non-members.
- Tuition Voucher Application Deadline: TBA
- Tuition Reimbursement/Continuing Education Deadline: 60 days after the end of the semester of program
Applying for a Tuition Voucher?
Click here to learn how to get started.
Bristol Community College
Bunker Hill Community College
Cape Code Community College
Community College of Rhode Island
Fitchburg State University
Framingham State University
Green Field Community College
Holyoke Community College
Massasoit community College
MassBay Community College
Middlesex Community College
North Shore Community College
Northern Essex Community College
Quinsigamond Community College
Roxbury Community College
Salem State University
Springfield Technical Community College
Westfield State University
Worcester State University