Greater New York (GNY) Education Fund
The Greater New York Education Fund (GNY Education Fund) is a benefit in which 1199SEIU members are eligible to receive tuition assistance towards any degree that will help them obtain or advance their career within the health care field.
- Employed in a union job that participates in the Greater NY Education Fund.
- Must be a full-time employee, or
- Must be a part-time employee who works a minimum of 21 hours per week.
- Must have completed your probationary period.
- Must have reached your one (1) year anniversary by the start date of your program.
- Maximum benefit for tuition assistance is $5,460.00 annually.
- Maximum of $260.00 per credit up to 21 credits per calendar year for courses you receive a grade of C or higher for Undergraduate Tuition.
- Maximum of $405.00 per credit up to 21 credits per calendar year for courses you receive a grade of B or higher for Graduate Tuition.
- Tuition voucher (pre-pay) program available for many public colleges and universities and some private colleges.
- Maximum payment for fees is $50.00 per semester.
- Maximum payment for books is $150.00 per semester (maximum of $300.00 per academic year).
List of Colleges in the Voucher (Pre-Pay) Program
*Note: Contact your Training Fund to find out about a specific school as we are continually working to expand our voucher agreements.
First Time Applicants or Members Seeking a New Degree need to meet with their Program Specialist in advance of their first semester during the following periods:
June 1st—August 20th
WINTER & SPRING SEMESTERS
October 1st—December 15th
April 1st—May 31st
Questions or concerns can be directed toward the Program Specialist at your facility.