If you are a parent enrolled in an associate degree program, the 1199SEIU Training and Upgrading Fund or the 1199SEIU Greater New York Education Fund can help you balance your studies with family responsibilities. The MOVE UP grant, offered in partnership with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, will provide awardees with child-care support for each semester they are enrolled in an associate degree program.
Awardees can choose from:
- A child-care stipend of $1,500 per semester; or
- One paid day off per week, per semester.
This resource will help members advance their healthcare careers and improve their families’ well-being.
- Must be an 1199SEIU member in an entry level position;
- Must be enrolled in an associate degree program, preferably related to direct patient care;
- Must have completed all prerequisites for the major and be accepted into the major’s course of study;
- Must have an overall grade point average of at least 2.5; and
- Must be taking at least six credits per semester.
If you are not a parent, you are still entitled to other benefits offered by the Training and Employment Funds.