Wellness and Member Assistance Program
The Wellness Program offers:
- Screenings for diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension and obesity at health fairs and events at Benefit Funds sites and 1199SEIU institutions; as a result of screenings, members may receive referrals to participating providers for:
- Disease management programs
- Free and confidential telephonic smoking cessation and weight management programs; to enroll, members may call (646) 473-8963
- Nutrition, exercise and stress management workshops
- Educational materials on a variety of health topics
The Member Assistance Program’s (MAP) team of social workers helps members manage problems that can put their health and jobs in jeopardy, including mental health issues, chemical and alcohol dependency, domestic or workplace violence and gambling. MAP staff members can refer 1199SEIU Benefit Funds members to social services for support in handling these issues. They also provide bereavement counseling and support and counseling to family members. Learn more.
The Prenatal Program provides educational materials; interactive prenatal workshops that help members stay healthy during pregnancy and prepare for childbirth; and access to maternity care for pregnant members at no out-of-pocket cost to the member. The Program also includes a postnatal component, focusing on identification and referral for post-partum depression. Learn more.