Your Retiree Health Benefits Are About to Get Even Better
Effective January 1, 2019, your 1199SEIU Medicare Advantage plan will be administered by Aetna rather than EmblemHealth. Among its many benefits, the new 1199SEIU Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan will give you access to a broader network of doctors and specialists and improved quality and service.
As long as you remain enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B and reside in New York City, Long Island, and Westchester, you will continue to have the same comprehensive medical and prescription coverage that you have in your current EmblemHealth plan, plus additional benefits. As with your current plan, there are no pre-existing condition limits and coverage is still available for your Medicare-eligible spouse or dependent.
What’s different (actually better)?
- Your medical, dental and prescription drug coverage will all be covered under the new Aetna plan;
- You’ll have one ID card for all medical and prescription drug needs, and a separate ID card for dental services;
- You’ll have more benefits to keep you as healthy as possible, such as home visits, care management programs and preventive screenings, as well as improved coverage for routine hearing and vision exams; and
- You’ll enjoy lower or no out-of-pocket expenses for many services.
What should you expect?
- A smooth transition to our new 1199SEIU Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan;
- Automatic enrollment in the new 1199SEIU Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan on January 1, 2019, assuming you are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. If you are not currently enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, simply contact our 1199SEIU Benefit Funds Retiree Services Center at (646) 473-8666, and we will help you; and
- No disruptions in your current care. Continue to use your current 1199SEIU EmblemHealth plan for your healthcare services through December 31, 2018.
In the coming weeks, watch your mail for information explaining the change, details on your new plan, and new medical and dental ID cards. Aetna representatives will also be attending and hosting a number of in-person meetings and conference calls throughout November and December to provide you with information and answer any questions you might have about your new plan.
- Find a Provider
- Learn About Your Coverage and Benefits
- Get Help from Aetna and more
To reach an Aetna Medicare Advantage specialist dedicated to 1199SEIU retirees, call 1199SEIU Aetna Medicare Advantage Member Services at (877) 839-1055 (TTY: 711). For general enrollment and eligibility questions, call the Benefit Fund’s Retiree Services Center at (646) 473-8666.