COVID-19 Testing for You and Your Eligible Spouse and Children
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you and your covered spouse and children can be tested for the virus, at no cost to you, through your Benefit Fund coverage, as long as it is deemed medically necessary and is ordered by your doctor. Symptoms include:
- Dry cough
- Runny Nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
Attention, Nursing Home Workers: The twice-a-week testing that New York State requires your employer to conduct is not a covered health benefit through the Benefit Fund because it is not medically necessary and is excluded under the plan.
If you live outside of New York City, call Teladoc, (800) TELADOC (835-2362), or your doctor for testing.
Where to Get Tested
You can avoid out-of-pocket costs by getting the test through your participating provider, if he or she provides it, in addition to these New York City testing sites:
- AdvantageCare Physicians: call (866) 749-2660 or visit www.acpny.com;
- CityMD Urgent Care Centers that offer the test: visit www.CityMD.com; or
- One Medical, a primary care practice with whom we have arranged for a temporary, free 30-day period in which you and your eligible dependents can get tested for COVID-19. Visit www.OneMedical.com/1199Funds to download the app. Use the special code for 1199SEIU members—1199CARE30—to complete the evaluation and One Medical will schedule a test at a facility near you. If you have already registered, you may call One Medical at (888) ONEMED1 (663-6331) to add your eligible dependents to your account; use the same code, 1199CARE30.