Reimbursement for Licensure and Certification Fees
Eligible 1199SEIU members may receive reimbursement for certain licensure and certification fees.*
Dietitians: Up to $179 every three years for New York State licensure fee, and up to $60 annually for Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) credentialing fee
Microbiologists, Laboratory Technologists, Laboratory Technicians, Phlebotomy Technicians and Hospital Technicians: Up to $196 every three years for New York State licensure fee
Licensed Practical Nurses: Up to $73 every three years for New York State licensure fee
Pharmacists: Up to $224 every three years for New York State licensure fee
*Part-time employees are eligible to receive up to 60 percent of the reimbursement benefit.
You must meet all eligibility requirements prior to obtaining/renewing your license of certification. To be eligible, you must:
- Be an 1199SEIU member currently employed for at least one full year at an institution or facility that contributes to the Fund on your behalf; and
- Be a full-time or part-time employee working at least 70 hours in a 28-day cycle.
How to Apply
You must submit your application for reimbursement of licensure or certification fees within 90 days of renewal. You must submit the following:
- Completed and signed City Fund General Enrollment Form
- Copy of license or certification or renewal
- Proof of cost and payment that includes:
- Your full name
- Name of the licensure or certification organization
- Cost of the licensure or certification renewal
- Indication that the vendor received payment, and the amount received
Apply via email:
Apply in person:
1199SEIU/City of New York Education, Child and Eldercare Fund
330 West 42nd Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10036
Mondays – Fridays: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
The processing time is 6 to 8 weeks from the date that you submit a complete application. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
To inquire about your reimbursement, contact us at either CityFund@1199Funds.org or at (212) 894-4339.