Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
Eligible 1199SEIU members may receive reimbursement for attending continuing professional education (CPE) workshops, clinics, conferences, seminars and similar programs. These activities must be related to your current position or designed to meet employment-related requirements (including, but not limited to, certification, re-certification and licensure), or to enhance your skills in your current position or for possible advancement.
Eligible 1199SEIU members may receive CPE reimbursement up to a maximum of $750 per calendar year (or up to a maximum of $450 per calendar year for part-time employees).* Reimbursement for travel, lodging, materials, membership fees, examination fees and wage replacement are not covered.
*Part-time employees are eligible to receive up to 60 percent of the reimbursement benefit.
You must meet all eligibility requirements prior to the start date of the CPE activity for which you are requesting reimbursement. To be eligible, you must:
- Be an 1199SEIU member currently employed for at least one full year at an institution or facility that contributes to the Fund on your behalf; and
- Be a full-time or part-time employee working at least 70 hours in a 28-day cycle.
How to Apply
You must submit your application for CPE reimbursement within 90 days of attendance/completion. You must submit the following:
- Completed and signed City Fund General Enrollment Form
- Proof of attendance/successful completion that includes:
- Your full name
- Name of the training institution or vendor
- Title of the CPE activity
- Date of attendance/completion
- Proof of cost and payment that includes
- Your full name
- Name of the training institution
- Cost of the CPE activity
- Indication that the vendor received payment, and the amount received
Apply via email:
Apply in person:
1199SEIU/City of New York Education, Child and Eldercare Fund
498 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10018
Monday – Tuesday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Thursday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
The processing time is 6 to 8 weeks from the date that you submit a complete application. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
To inquire about your reimbursement, contact us at either CityFund@1199Funds.org or at (212) 894-4339.
1199SEIU Training and Upgrading Fund Institute for Continuing Education
- Discipline-specific and Interdisciplinary/Interprofessional Symposiums
- Onsite in the Times Square Area (New York), Live Videocast to 1199SEIU-related Facilities and Live Webcast (Internet)
CE Direct is the leading provider of continuing education for healthcare professionals, designed to help you advance your knowledge, fulfill CE requirements, prepare for certification exams, and enhance patient care.
CE Direct gives you instant access to more than 2,000 hours of continuing education courses designed for professional and technical workers. In addition, CE Direct’s examination review library includes over 700 courses to help a number of healthcare workers prepare for certification exams.