Child Care Funds Registration FAQ

Following is a list of common registration questions. For more information, call the Child Care Funds at (212) 564-2220.

1. Do I have to complete the work and family information on the application?

Yes, in order to be considered eligible to apply for Child Care Fund benefits, you must complete the registration application. The work information that you provide in this section informs us that you are currently employed at an institution that contributes to the Child Care Funds. Family information informs us of your dependents and family size.

2. How do I complete my program selection?

List the programs that you are applying for in priority order according to what is most important to you and your family. For example, if reimbursement for day care expenses for your youngest child is your first priority and day camp for your older child is secondary, then the Day Care Voucher would be priority number one and Summer Day Camp would be priority number two.

3. Can I apply for more than one program?

Yes, you may apply for more than one program. If you are not approved for your first choice due to the Funds’ maximum allocation for a particular program, it may be possible to receive your second choice. In addition, if monies are available, you may receive more than one benefit.

4. What is a taxable benefit and how do I complete the Form W-4?

The Internal Revenue Service considers some CCF benefits as taxable income. If the program that your child participates in is taxable, you will receive a Form W-2 at year end for the value of the benefit. Be sure to include this form with your tax return. Please refer to the for instructions on completing your Form W-4.

5. How will I find out if I am approved for a benefit?

The 1199SEIU Child Care Funds distribute benefits based on members’ benefit history and seniority. The CCF will inform you in writing of the results of the distribution by the end of December. If you have any questions or have not received any information regarding your benefit status by mid-January, please contact the CCF at (212) 564-2220.

6. Can I change an approved benefit?

Yes, this is considered a program transfer. You must request a program transfer in writing. Transfer requests are only available within the same program type and are subject to the availability of monies. For example, you can change from one summer day camp provider to another, but not from Summer Day Camp to a Day Care Voucher.

7. Why do you need the required documents every year?

In order to register your child(ren) in a program, the CCF must confirm your eligibility for benefits annually by verifying your employment, current working status and dependent child(ren).

8. How can the Child Care Funds help my child with special needs?

In order to accommodate the many documented special needs of children and youth, the Funds subsidize children at a special needs day care, after school, or camp provider of your choice. For further details, see page 12 of your registration manual.

9. Can you release information about the status of my application to my spouse?

No. Unless you indicate this request in writing, no information regarding your application status can be shared with anyone.