The application is now closed. See what’s available now.
The Youth Mentoring Program introduces high school and college-aged youth to career opportunities in the healthcare industry through summer jobs and vocational experiences. Teens are paid to work in 1199SEIU institutions where their parents are employed and also learn job skills, résumé building, art and writing.
The Youth Mentoring Program is provided through Labor Management Initiatives, Inc. The Program is for the high school and college-aged children of members who work in institutions that sponsor the program.
Who Is Eligible?
Wage Class I for one year of Covered Employment
Eligible child(ren), ages 15 to 17
The following institutions participate in the Youth Mentoring Program.
Note that this list is subject to change.
- Bronx Care Health System
- Brookdale Hospital
- Brooklyn Hospital (K)
- Interfaith Medical Center
- Isabella Geriatric Center
- Jamaica Hospital
- Kingsbrook Medical Center
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital
- Mount Sinai West
- New Jewish Home
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Parker Jewish Institute
- Richmond University Medical Center
- St. Barnabas Hospital
- Staten Island Hospital
- Triboro Center
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center