The Youth Mentoring Program (YMP) is an innovative project of the 1199SEIU League Labor Management Initiatives, Inc., administered by the 1199SEIU/Employer Child Care Corporation. The program provides a four-week virtual summer employment opportunity for 15- to 17-year-old children of 1199SEIU members at participating hospitals and nursing homes. The YMP supports youth in developing fundamental life skills, professional competencies and career/education opportunities, while helping to establish a future workforce of young professionals.
Who Is Eligible?
Wage Class I for one year of Covered Employment
Eligible child(ren), ages 15 to 17
The following institutions participate in the Youth Mentoring Program.
Note that this list is subject to change.
- Bronx Care Health System
- Brookdale Hospital
- Brooklyn Hospital
- Interfaith Medical Center
- Isabella Geriatric Center
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel/PACC Center
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Morningside
- Mount Sinai West
- New Jewish Home
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Parker Jewish Institute
- Richmond University Medical Center
- St. Barnabas Hospital
- Staten Island Hospital
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center