The Youth Mentoring Program (YMP) is an innovative project of the 1199SEIU League Labor Management Initiatives, Inc., administered by the 1199SEIU/Employer Child Care Corporation. The program provides a four-week virtual summer employment opportunity for 15- to 17-year-old children of 1199SEIU members at participating hospitals and nursing homes. The YMP supports youth in developing fundamental life skills, professional competencies and career/education opportunities, while helping to establish a future workforce of young professionals.
Who Is Eligible?
Wage Class I for one year of covered employment
Eligible child(ren) ages 15 to 17
Eligible members may apply for YMP through the MyAccount portal.
The following institutions participate in the Youth Mentoring Program.
Note that this list is subject to change.
- Bronx Care Health System
- Brookdale Hospital
- Brooklyn Hospital
- Interfaith Medical Center
- Isabella Geriatric Center
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel/PACC Center
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Morningside
- Mount Sinai West
- New Jewish Home
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Parker Jewish Institute
- Richmond University Medical Center
- St. Barnabas Hospital
- Staten Island Hospital
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center