What You Need to Bring to Have Your Taxes Prepared Onsite

  • Your spouse. If you are filing a joint return, your spouse must be present with you.
  • Photo ID issued by the state or federal government. For yourself and your spouse if you are filing jointly. For example: driver license, state ID, passport, Green Card, etc.
  • Social Security card, individual Taxpayer Identification Number letter or a letter from the Social Security Administration with the correct Social Security numbers. For yourself and everyone to be claimed on your tax return. Copies of past tax returns are NOT acceptable as proof of Social Security numbers. This means that you MUST bring Social Security cards (or copies of the cards) for every dependent you are claiming.
  • W-2 forms for all 2019 jobs (last paystub is NOT acceptable).
  • Form 1099-B, if you have income from the sale of stocks, bonds or other assets.
  • Form 1099-C, if you have a forgiveness of debt.
  • Form 1099-G, if you received unemployment insurance in 2019.
  • Form 1099-INT, if you received interest from a bank account in 2019.
  • Form 1098, if you paid real estate taxes and/or mortgage interest.
  • Form 1098-E, if you paid student loan interest for post-high school education in 2019.
  • Form 1098-T, if you paid tuition for post-high school education in 2019.
  • Form 1099-DIV, if you received dividends in 2019.
  • Form 1099-R, if you receive a pension, or Form SSA-1099, if you collect Social Security.
  • Form 1095-A, if you were enrolled in a qualified health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace in 2019.
  • To claim child-care expenses, bring: the total amount you paid in 2019, and the child-care agency’s tax Employer Identification Number (EIN) or the child-care provider’s name and Social Security number.
  • A voided check with routing and account numbers if you want to use direct deposit.
  • Amounts of any other income from your records (jury duty fees, cash earnings, gambling winnings [Form W2-G], etc.).
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns, if available.


For more information about New York City locations, please call 311 or your 1199SEIU Benefit Fund at (646) 473-9200.

Español English